Oven Baked Haddock “en papilotte”
I love this dish because it makes little fuss and is interactive on the plate at the beginning of the meal.
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees c
- 2 Haddock fillets
- Oven paper
- seasonal vegetables
- Couple of tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- Blanche in a pan seasonal vegetables eg beans, carrots, courgettes, asparagus etc. These will be underneath your fish. they need to have been blanched enough that they will finish cooking with the fish, but remain crunchy.
- Drain the vegetables. Place them on the paper. Add the haddock fillet on top, lightly drizzle with oil or lemon or a lemon vinaigrette, place a couple of twigs of thyme on top and a few quartered cherry tomatoes.
- Close the paper as a bundle, with a small bow. Make sure there is space at the corners for the heat to get in.
- Place in the middle baking tray and cook for about 30-40 mins depending on the size and thickness of the fillets.
This recipe can be done with any fish so provides variety.
Also prepare another side be it a salad or rice or potatoes.
To serve either place the papilotte in your date’s plate or remove it from the paper and maintain the position of the vegetables underneath the fish.
Receive the latest posts directly to your email - It's free!
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars At Home
How To Get Rid Of Dandruff